Very late…very abbreviated.
- Colby Lewis (3-0, 1.93 ERA) takes the mound tonight in Cleveland facing Jeanmar Gomez (1-1, 2.35 ERA).
- The newly acquired Johnny Damon will start in left field and lead off for the Indians tonight.
- Josh Hamilton will return to the lineup tonight, but Adrian Beltre will not as Alberto Gonzalez will get the start at 3B.
- Hamilton was named the AL Player of the Month for April and Yu Darvish was named AL Rookie of the Month.
- According to T.R. Sullivan, the Rangers are 5-0 in games Lewis has pitched against Cleveland.
Take me to the Card Shop
This is a new highlight of the Friday update in which I’ll take a look back at a Rangers baseball card from years past. No specific angle here. Baseball cards were a huge part of my childhood, and one of the first ways that I went about showing my allegiance to the great game and my favorite players.
1990 Classic Julio Franco – As a kid, I loved this card simply because it captured “the stance”. I remember countless backyard or sandlot baseball games with friends where many of us would emulate the stances of our favorite players. Julio’s was always one of them.
Have a good weekend!