The hackneyed premise for the recent movie,The Changeup,centers around two dudes that switch bodies after taking a piss in a magical pond.
It makes you wonder at what point the Mariners and the Rangers whizzed in Hurricane Harbor’s Lazy River.
We may never know. But should the secret surface, I’ll give you a shout main.
It’s definitely no secret as to who crapped the cradle for Texas last night: Scott Feldman.
Here are some of my thoughts—the ones that can be printed—after last night’s 12-1 Oakland A’s ass stomping.
Roy Oswalt’s appeal is at an all-time high
• Just like an ugly chick on dollar beer night, Roy Oswalt is looking better by the minute.
• And yes, Roy Oswalt would be one ugly chick—at least for the first nine beers…
Those Crazy 8s
• The Texas Rangers have surrendered eight runs in one inning for the third time in six days.
• The Seattle Mariners did it last week in consecutive innings. They’re batting .236 as a team
• The Oakland Athletics entered last night’s game batting .204…it jumped up to .213, which is still the worst in all of MLB if not the world.
Closed door meeting
• Seemed to work for the defense…not so much for the offense. How about an open-door testicle-tazing? Might just put a charge into them.
Forgot to pack the bat
• Beltre is 0-for-12 with 8 strikeouts over his last three games.
• In eerie fashion to Derek Holland a week ago, Feldman retired the first three A’s he faced while striking out 2-of-3…only to get rocked for 8 eight runs in the second inning.
Jarrod Parker is good, but they’re still the A’s
• Parker had a no-hitter going through seven innings; had he finished it off there would have been 10,000 in attendance to have witnessed it—but only 5,000 would have admitted to being there.
If it were up to me
• I’d option Scott Feldman to the minor leagues; or place him on the 15-day disabled list.
• Then I’d call up a lefty for the bullpen (Michael Kirkman) and I’d let Robbie Ross pitch in the five-hole until Roy Oswalt is ready.
• I would also hold Feldman contractually obligated to buy Papa John’s pizza for any Rangers’ fan that freely admits to having watched his second inning.
• The pizzas would be hand-delivered to us in bikinis by the Fox Sports Chicks.
• The Rangers drafted Lewis Brinson with their 29th pick tonight. Joey Gallo was their next pick at 39th, and Colin Wyles was their final first-round selection, and was taken 53rd overall.
• None of the three are available for tomorrow night’s game. I already asked.
Tonight’s Head Scratcher
• Why go with center fielder Craig Gentry to pitch the eighth rather than Mitch Moreland?
Moreland was a closer at Mississippi State, his fastball sat in the low to mid 90s. Craig Gentry had TJ surgery in college (Arkansas).
Silver Lining in a sea of crap
• The Angels lost 8-6 last night.
• Thus the Rangers’ lead is still 4 1/2 games in the American League West; and being in first place is ALWAYS a good thing—so long as you’re not first in being last, whatever the hell that means.
Derek Holland toes the rubber for the first time since the Mariners provided him with an auxiliary a-hole last Wednesday…make sure to check back here for tomorrow’s BaseballDo pregame preview as well as a Rangers Draft review…