- The looming deadline for Yu Darvish and the Rangers to come to a contract agreement.
- Prince’s recent visit to DFW to meet with the Rangers
- Fan Fest
- Scott’s radio experience with Greggo
- Jasen and I both made it out to Fan Fest last night and had a great time. The featured Rangers last night were Ron Washington, Michael Young, Mike Napoli, Derek Holland and Colby Lewis.
- Nice crowd made it out to the Arlington Convention Center for a Friday night (I’m sure the crowd today is double if not more), and the event ran really smoothly with autographs, photo stages, fun activities for adults and youth, as well as some good vendors.
- Highlight of my evening came when I was presented with the opportunity to ask Ron Washington a question during his Q&A. We’ll get the video of that posted up on the site as soon as possible – let’s just say I got Ron up out of his seat!
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today broke the news yesterday that Prince Fielder was in town meeting with the Rangers at a DFW hotel. Could be just checking in…could be simply leverage in negotiations with Yu…could be the Rangers letting the big fella know that they are interested and working towards making something happen. Follow us on Twitter (@baseballdo) and we’ll keep you updated with what we hear.
- The Yankees made a little splash yesterday by improving their starting rotation. They dealt hitting phenom Jesus Montero to Seattle for SP Michael Pineda and signed free-agent Hiroki Kuroda. This is a major improvement to their rotation, which was relatively weak after Sabathia. While giving up a great bat in Montero, they filled their biggest void.
- Rangers Awards Show is tonight at the Arlington Convention Center. If you are thinking about going and looking for details, click here.
- Rangers Fan Fest begins tomorrow night. Click here for the schedule of events and details around who is going to be there for autographs/photographs and when. Jasen and I will be there on Friday night and we’ll be posting updates to the site, Twitter and Facebook detailing our conquests and adventures.
- Last night, Dirk did what we have come to expect him to do. Unbelievable. I don’t think I’m taking it for granted, but I’m in no hurry to find out.
- A source has told Bill Ladson of MLB.com, that there is a 99% chance that Nationals don’t sign free agent Prince Fielder. Do I dare suggest that the evil Scott Boras is not going to get what he is demanding this time? I still feel that the Rangers could be a player here, and this sentiment is starting to gain more steam with some of the baseball media. Last night on the MLB network’s Hot Stove, 3 of 3 analysts/former players felt that Prince would end up signing a contract of less than 5 years in length.
- Randy Galloway did a good article around the key that trust plays in what the Rangers are accomplishing and working towards. I think Randy hit this one right on the head – as much as it pains me to agree with him or give him any praise whatsoever.
- Richard Durrett wrote a short piece around the impression that Yu Darvish has made on both Ron Washington and Colby Lewis. Nothing new related to getting Darvish signed at this point. 6 days until the deadline. It’s natural to start feeling a little anxious about this whole situation, but I’m confident the Rangers and Darvish will get a deal done. The more video I watch/articles I read/people I talk to, I’m truly excited about Yu’s likely presence on this pitching staff. As a guy who was originally on the fence back in November, I’ve been fully converted.