- Rangers Awards Show is tonight at the Arlington Convention Center. If you are thinking about going and looking for details, click here.
- Rangers Fan Fest begins tomorrow night. Click here for the schedule of events and details around who is going to be there for autographs/photographs and when. Jasen and I will be there on Friday night and we’ll be posting updates to the site, Twitter and Facebook detailing our conquests and adventures.
- Last night, Dirk did what we have come to expect him to do. Unbelievable. I don’t think I’m taking it for granted, but I’m in no hurry to find out.
- A source has told Bill Ladson of MLB.com, that there is a 99% chance that Nationals don’t sign free agent Prince Fielder. Do I dare suggest that the evil Scott Boras is not going to get what he is demanding this time? I still feel that the Rangers could be a player here, and this sentiment is starting to gain more steam with some of the baseball media. Last night on the MLB network’s Hot Stove, 3 of 3 analysts/former players felt that Prince would end up signing a contract of less than 5 years in length.
- Randy Galloway did a good article around the key that trust plays in what the Rangers are accomplishing and working towards. I think Randy hit this one right on the head – as much as it pains me to agree with him or give him any praise whatsoever.
- Richard Durrett wrote a short piece around the impression that Yu Darvish has made on both Ron Washington and Colby Lewis. Nothing new related to getting Darvish signed at this point. 6 days until the deadline. It’s natural to start feeling a little anxious about this whole situation, but I’m confident the Rangers and Darvish will get a deal done. The more video I watch/articles I read/people I talk to, I’m truly excited about Yu’s likely presence on this pitching staff. As a guy who was originally on the fence back in November, I’ve been fully converted.