- Contract talks with the Dutch Oven are on hold for now according to an article posted by T.R. Sullivan on TexasRangers.com. Holland and the Rangers were discussing a 5-year deal. Holland is one of many current Rangers that the club has been in contract (or contract extension) talks with as JD & Co. work towards keeping the nucleus of this team together.
- The Great Eric Nadel has been named the 2011 Texas Sportscaster of the Year. Here is a little Nadel Gold for you on this find Tuesday morning
- Fan Fest is this weekend. Are you going to be there? Jasen and I are going (more than likely on Friday night), so comment below if you are going to make it and we’ll meet up for an awkward hug.
- Barry Larkin is the sole inductee into the Baseball Hall of Fame for 2012 yesterday with 86.4% of the vote. Hat’s off to a great baseball player and a classy dude.
- Rafael Palmeiro got 12.6% of the vote. Clemens and Bonds will be on the ballot starting next year, so they will be the strongest litmus test to date for the players tied to the steroids scandal and will go a long way in determining if Raffy will ever stand a chance to get inducted. Tim Kirkjian wrote a good article about the 2013 Hall of Fame eligibles.
- Juan Gonzalez and Ruben Sierra will both fall off of the ballot after receiving under 5% of the vote.
- Episode 6 of Baseball Do will be posted later this morning!