- In case you missed it yesterday, Scott and I spent most of the day high fiving each other over and over again because we joined forces with the delicious Grand Praire eatery and drinkery Patty Shack Burgers. Check out the announcement here.
- The Rangers took care of Derek Holland yesterday by inking him to a five-year $28 million dollar extension. Texas now has control over the rights to Derek through 2016 with 2017 and ’18 being option years. It’s incredibly satisfying to see a guy like Derek Holland get locked up like this especially when he appears to be putting it all together. Would you be upset with the next five years of your rotation being anchored by Dutch and Yu Darvish? Me either.
- The Rangers played the Cubs yesterday and won, some notables for your reading pleasure:
- Neftali Feliz threw three innings and gave up no runs. What started out as a great sign that Feliz was putting things together turned scary when he had to leave with what the club is calling “shoulder stiffness”. All signs point to this being more precautionary than anything but you hate to see your young, brand new starter, being forced out of a game with an injury.
- Young center fielder Leonys Martin hit a two-run homer. Upside.
C.J. Wilson yet again shows his out of control douchiness yesterday. From ESPNLA yesterday when asked about the Napoli prank:
- Wilson had no further comment on the matter, but when he was talking about working with a new set of Angels catchers, he named each of the six Texas Rangers catchers he had worked with over the previous few years, omitting one. When a reporter suggested it was Napoli, he replied, “Oh yeah, Napoli.”